Join 3,556 readers in helping fund MetaFilter (Hide)

Crochet blogs?
January 5, 2011 1:01 PM   Subscribe

What are you favorite crochet blogs? They can include knitting and other crafts but crochet should definitely have a main part.

Bonus points if they include modern projects (not just clothes), good photos and are well written.
posted by kanata to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (8 answers total) 45 users marked this as a favorite

I enjoy The Crochet Dude a lot! He's witty, smart, the photos are good (imo), and he does a lot of different kinds of projects.
posted by sister nunchaku of love and mercy at 1:13 PM on January 5, 2011 [3 favorites]

Although just a flickr stream and not a blog proper, Antonina Kuznetsova has some of the most jawdropping modern crochet I've seen. Ravelry is a good place to sift around for crochet blogs.
posted by apparently at 1:45 PM on January 5, 2011 [3 favorites]

Another jawdropping not-actually-a-blog is Miroslava Gorokhovich's photostream.
posted by bewilderbeast at 2:32 PM on January 5, 2011

Sarah London, Attic24, poke around the Crochet Liberation Front group on Ravelry, Jessica Polka, and this potholder swap, which is happening again this year.
posted by clavicle at 2:47 PM on January 5, 2011

Futuregirl Craft Blog
posted by bryghtrose at 3:45 PM on January 5, 2011

I love PlanetJune. Her main focus is amigurumi. I'm more of a scarves and blankets girl and have never made one of her patterns (or any other amigurumi pattern), but I really enjoy her enthusiasm and approach to crochet and crafting in general.
posted by des at 4:25 PM on January 5, 2011

Ooo, awesome question. I like Doris Chan's blog (particularly her posts about clothing design mechanics) but she doesn't post all that frequently. I usually get my fix of general crochet info sifting around Ravelry, but I'm eager to try the other answers.
posted by asperity at 9:39 PM on January 5, 2011

The one I keep coming back (aside from Ravelry) is Attic24. Her bright colours and pure joy over the craft as well as the other delightful things in her life has proved a great bonus to me through this grey grey winter. Thank you for that.
posted by kanata at 12:24 PM on February 12, 2011

« Older Feed me music! Fast paced acou...   |  I've been offered a promotion,... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.