Fashion Victim white boots

White combat boots needed!

I'm in need of a pair of solid white combat boots, no other colors. Something like this would be perfect however I can't find them being sold anywhere. I'm trying to avoid Doc Martens since they are so heavy. Also - the boots have to be new, I don't like used shoes. (enough foot problems as is) I'm avoiding anything with a heel, as I'll want to wear these often. Does a pair of boots like this exist?
posted by Attackpanda to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (14 answers total)

I got a pair of Doc Martens earlier this year. They're a lot lighter now than I remember them being back in the early 90's. Especially in comparison with other combat and hiking boots I was looking at.

A search on zappos for white boots turns up this result.
posted by Sara C. at 5:46 PM on December 29, 2010

Searching on Google Shopping for "white combat boots" gives this.

I think that at least some of the results are location-specific (so you might not see the same thing I do) but most of them direct you to a web site. A few of them are mens' sizing, so if you have an idea of what mens' size might fit you it would help.

You could check out a few of these:
http://www.dililo.com/product/avril-lavigne-style-punk-princess-white-leather-combat-boots
http://www.6pm.com/n/redirect.cgi?q=vz364199240z68
http://www.amazon.com/White-Eyelet-Knee-Combat-Boot/dp/B003YD9RKY
posted by jdwhite at 5:46 PM on December 29, 2010

What about these? They're men's, so I think the usual rule is to order 2 sizes down? Someone else may know better than I. Or these?
posted by iconomy at 5:49 PM on December 29, 2010

Yes, two sizes down is customary. Though I prefer to try on unisex shoes just to make sure - men's shoes can run big or small, just like women's shoes can.
posted by Sara C. at 5:52 PM on December 29, 2010

Some of the lightweight styles of Docs come in white, and there are tons of them available at bargain prices right now.

Adding 1.5 to the equivalent US men's size is a better way to convert US men's sizes to US women's sizes.
posted by Sidhedevil at 6:32 PM on December 29, 2010

@Sara C. - What style of Doc Martens did you get?
posted by Attackpanda at 6:33 PM on December 29, 2010

Oh, sorry, I should have been specific about which Docs are lighter weight--the women's version of the 1460, the Pascal, and the Pierre. Several ounces lighter than the classic men's 1460.
posted by Sidhedevil at 6:36 PM on December 29, 2010

I got the regular old 1460's, though I think mine are nappa leather instead of their traditional leather. If the women's 1460's are lighter, I'd definitely recommend those.

(and for some reason in Docs I have to add 2.5 rather than my usual 2, but as with anything that comes in sizes, YMMV.)
posted by Sara C. at 6:40 PM on December 29, 2010

for some reason in Docs I have to add 2.5 rather than my usual 2

They're sized in English sizing (which is unisex).
posted by Sidhedevil at 6:48 PM on December 29, 2010

Current U.S. Army issue combat boots, even for winter mountain troop uniforms, are not white. If you want white boots, "no other colors" they will not be U.S. combat boots...
posted by paulsc at 8:27 PM on December 29, 2010

I'm pretty sure "combat boot" is a style of (civilian fashion) boot here, influenced by the surplus boots in various punk-influenced scenes, not "the boots the Army wears right now". See the link in the question.
posted by mendel at 8:34 PM on December 29, 2010 [1 favorite]

"Current U.S. Army issue combat boots, even for winter mountain troop uniforms, are not white. If you want white boots, "no other colors" they will not be U.S. combat boots..."

Actually, Pauisc, the US Army does issue white jump boots, the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunny_boots">Extreme Cold Vapor Barrier Boots (Type II). My hubby wears them for training exercises all the time here in Alaska. Not sure if they wear them in active combat, I suppose... and I'm even more sure this is not what the OP is looking for. ;) But I had to weigh in anyway. :)
posted by keribear at 3:37 AM on December 30, 2010

Cripes! That should read: Extreme Cold Vapor Barrier Boots (Type II).
posted by keribear at 3:39 AM on December 30, 2010

Those bunny boots might be a little bit of overkill.
posted by thsmchnekllsfascists at 11:10 AM on December 30, 2010

« Older Suburban dining filter, lookin...   |  What books (not by James Ellro... Newer »