Private deathmatch on the Wii?

Do any Wii games allow for "private" (1-on-1 or small group) online deathmatch/conflict mode?

Santa brought me the new Goldeneye for the Wii, so a friend and I had some fun playing split-screen 1-on-1 conflict mode. So much fun, in fact, that he went out and bought it so we could do the same online. Once he unwrapped the game, though, we realized that we could only play in the same large-group game. I don't care about any kind of player rankings - I just want to be able to play with my friends without worrying about getting blown up by some 13-year-olds. Does such a game exist for the Wii?
posted by um_maverick to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (4 answers total)

You can do this with Mario Kart. You "invite" your friends.
posted by bitdamaged at 8:42 AM on December 29, 2010

Are you interested in FPS only?
posted by mr_silver at 3:35 PM on December 29, 2010

Sorry for the lack of clarity - yes interested in FPS (for now). We play Mario Kart already, but I really want to shoot my friend in his animated face :)
posted by um_maverick at 5:49 AM on December 30, 2010

If you're still looking, Call of Duty: Black Ops has online deathmatches. I haven't set up a private match, but I've seen the option for it.
posted by malocchio at 1:41 PM on February 26, 2011

« Older 2005 Toyota Corolla stalled on highway; battery...   |   Help me ID this b-movie from early 80's Newer »