I want to enhance the fun of watching cheesy romantic comedies with a bingo game.
I’ve seen the one here
and it’s a good start, but I’d like to improve it by adding more rom-com tropes.
I’d like to avoid ones like “stars [actor’s name]” – the tropes should be things like common plot devices & clichés of the genre, which you discover by watching the movie, not by reading the cover.
I’d also like to add “bonus points”, for example:
- Heroine attends the wedding of a friend, relative or colleague. Bonus points if she gets drunk or embarrasses herself, or if people try to set her up with eligible bachelors there.
- Heroine eats food straight from a container. Bonus points if she’s in pyjamas, or if it’s either ice cream or takeaway Chinese.
- Love-interest male is a doctor, or maybe a vet. Bonus points if he’s a specialist, especially in paediatrics.
- Heroine is in a high-powered position at work, normally beyond the reach of somebody her age. Bonus points if it’s something “creative”, especially in media or fashion. Or else she’s a lawyer.
- Heroine dumps a love interest who is otherwise ideal, just because there’s “no spark / danger / excitement”. Bonus points if he’s really nice & understanding about it & leaves without any fuss at all.
So, please help me add to the bingo game, by suggesting more corny clichés!