Looking for an advanced web calendar

A colleague is looking for a calendar to use on their training company's web site. They would like to pull from a PHP-driven database of their course outlines to display the course names on the appropriate dates in the calendar, with a link for each course listing on that date that would display the full course outline to the user when clicked. One or more courses could be offered on any given date. Is there a customizable product that you would recommend for the job, or are they looking at contracting someone to build this from scratch?
posted by The True Wheel to Computers & Internet (3 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Plans? It's fairly easy to modify.
posted by miyabo at 8:09 PM on November 17, 2010

I know it doesn't directly answer your question, but please make sure they're aware that there are open formats for sharing calendar data.
posted by robertc at 5:07 PM on November 18, 2010

I would definitely consider Drupal for this.

Its Views module lets you build all kinds of nifty displays based on dates or whatever you want, and there are calendar modules as well.
posted by kristi at 5:30 PM on November 24, 2010

« Older Brrr! It's getting cold, and I...   |  Me and a couple friends want t... Newer »