Great bars in London for mid-week birthday drinks?
November 9, 2010 1:37 AM Subscribe
I'm looking for a nice bar in Central London to host some mid-week birthday drinks. Can you please recommend some?
posted by mr_silver to Food & Drink (13 answers total) 7 users marked this as a favorite
My requirements are as follows:
* Central London (zone 1 and ideally bang in the middle)
* Good location to tubes
* Can have an area reserved out (on a weekday) for free
* Good cocktails (doesn't have to be cheap, but not shockingly expensive)
* Some beer available (for the minority that won't drink cocktails)
* Nice place suitable for a group of 30-40 year olds
* Atmosphere conducive to communication (no extremely loud music)
* Classy (no "spit and sawdust" or "old man" places)
Places I've previously been and enjoyed: Match Bar, The Player, LAB, Bourne & Hollingsworth, London Cocktail Club, Academy and Living Room.