Join 3,374 readers in helping fund MetaFilter (Hide)

online multiplayer games
March 30, 2005 6:43 PM   Subscribe

The online community is awesome in every area that I search except I am having an awfully hard time finding fun and interactive online multiplayer games. Can anyone help?

So far, I like subspace/continuum and isketch. Please post anything else that you think might fit this description. Linux compatible would be a plus.
posted by foraneagle2 to Computers & Internet (6 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Weboggle (online Boggle).
Psychobabble (timed magnetic poetry sentence formation).
Strike a Match (matching word cards).
TetriNET (multiplayer Tetris).
Acrophobia (on Uproar, which is sort of ugh, or play it on IRC).
Literati (online Scrabble).
posted by Melinika at 7:15 PM on March 30, 2005

More games than you can shake a stick at.
posted by ursus_comiter at 10:11 PM on March 30, 2005

Literati isn't Scrabble (among other reasons: different board layout, random letter distribution, wildly different scoring, different dictionary), but the Internet Scrabble Club is. Admittedly, if you're not a big Scrabble fan, it's probably not an important distinction.
posted by box at 6:02 AM on March 31, 2005

If you want to give a RPG a try, check out www.terragaming.net, home of TerraWorld Online. Be warned that it's not a game for the impatient, and it will suck massive amounts of freetime away.
posted by ElfWord at 8:56 AM on March 31, 2005

If you don't mind a little cost, try Puzzle Pirates. They've got a free trial.
posted by ThePants at 9:14 AM on March 31, 2005

I have to say thanks for this thread! I have tried so many game sites and just end up inundated with spam.
posted by scazza at 10:13 AM on March 31, 2005

« Older Help me choose who gets to pul...   |  I'm the webmaster (well, host ... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.