Help me find a videogame for my wife to play on 5-10 minute breaks.
My wife plays only one videogame. She plays on breaks between work, for maybe five minutes at a time. She's been playing a bejewelled clone called Zookeeper
. After 5 years, she no longer enjoys it, and we both agree that it's time for her to move on.
The game I think she would most want to play, based on talking with her and knowing her, meets the following criteria:
- Doesn't feature violence, fighting, etc. No killing enemies.
- Doesn't require quick reactions, dexterous movements, etc. She's not a gamer.
- Should be based on the idea of exploration -- either exploring a house and trying to solve puzzles, or exploring a town and solving puzzles, etc. This one is not absolutely necessary, though.
- Should have a cheerful aesthetic, smiling (or at least pleasant) characters, nice atmosphere, and lots of animals if possible.
- Browser, PC, or emulator only (console games are out, repeat, NO CONSOLE).
- Self-limiting play sessions would be ideal - I can see her getting addicted to a game that didn't end after 5 minutes, and that would be bad.
Myst is probably way too involved for five-minute play sessions, and way too lonely. Braid would be too complicated/frustrating and require too much dexterity for a breaktime game. She seems uninterested in Peggle. World of Goo would probably be too stressful/gross.
I think Knytt
meets enough of my criteria, and I think I'm going to install it on her computer and see how that goes. I also downloaded the Humble Indie Bundle
a few months ago, but only had time to play World of Goo so far. Would any of the other games meet my criteria?
Any and all suggestions are welcome, from classic games to the present. Thanks!