Crowdsourcing interior design?

Is there a precedent/community for crowdsourcing interior design? Like many geeks, I lack the proper gifts, and wonder what resources could be thrown at it.

This is my first Ask, so feel free to gently slap me around if needed!
posted by rtgoodwin to Home & Garden (4 answers total) 8 users marked this as a favorite

I think ikeahacker might be something that fits into this.

It doesn't get your whole space decorated, but it does help you think of ways to upcycle that wine rack/book shelf/kitchen island or divide a gigantic studio apartment into usable chunks of space.
posted by bilabial at 9:58 AM on October 1, 2010

Apartment Therapy. I haven't been there recently, but I used to hang out there and people were very generous and talented in helping others with decorating dilemmas.
posted by HotToddy at 9:58 AM on October 1, 2010

I would start off by taking a quiz that helps you figure out your interior design style. The one on Sproost is fun.

As for the crowdsourcing part, HGTV has a community called Rate My Space that seems pretty active. You could also try the forums on DecorPad or Curbly.
posted by missmerrymack at 12:30 PM on October 1, 2010

STill learning the etiquette here, but just wanted to say Thanks everyone!
posted by rtgoodwin at 9:45 AM on October 4, 2010

« Older How can I forward only the ema...   |  Ok, I'm tenatively planning a ... Newer »