MNF in San Fran

Where to watch Monday Night Football in San Francisco?

I'm a Chicagoan in San Francisco. The Bears play tonight. Where should I go to watch the game? My hotel is in Union Square so walking distance (say <3 miles through decently safe neighborhoods) would be great. Not looking for a crazy atmosphere.
posted by gocubbies to Travel & Transportation around San Francisco, CA (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Jillian's is the close, touristy, blah place (in the Metreon) but I'd go somewhere like Kezar or The Triple Rock (in Berkeley).
posted by kcm at 1:56 PM on September 27, 2010

Pied Piper Bar & Grill in the Palace Hotel. Quiet, comfy, elegant, good beer, free snacks :)
posted by Koko at 2:25 PM on September 27, 2010

When I was working in the Financial District, folks in my office used to go to Harrington's Bar & Grill, a popular, football-friendly happy-hour joint. That time of night (5:30 PDT kickoff), it should be lively.
posted by donpedro at 3:43 PM on September 27, 2010

Also the Royal Exchange is next door, if you arrive and it doesn't look like your cup of tea.

For something a little hipper and less white-collar-happy-hour, on 16th Street between Guerrero and Valencia in the Mission District, take your pick between Elixir, Kilowatt and Delirium.

In the Lower Haight, on Haight St. between Fillmore and Steiner, there's Mad Dog in the Fog and several others.

In the Castro, Pillsner Inn at Church and Market is a gay, straight-friendly sports bar.
posted by donpedro at 4:15 PM on September 27, 2010

« Older Need suggestions for keeping a...   |  Is there anything similar to t... Newer »