Exchange through Gmail - possible?

Can I access Exchange email through Gmail?

Is it possible to access Exchange email through Gmail? I have an Exchange email account through my university, and they will let me access it through ActiveSync (fine for iPhone and Android etc), but not through IMAP. I know I can get my exchange emails into Gmail by setting up rules through the Exchange server, but by doing that I can't send from my Exchange account from Gmail. Is this possible at all?

The answer to this is likely to influence another question I'll probably ask soon, about email consolidation.
posted by robintw to Computers & Internet (3 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Not sure if this solves your whole problem or if it's just a superficial work-around, but one setting on Gmail is the ability to send e-mail from your Gmail account "as" another e-mail account, so that the other e-mail account is what appears on the "sent from" line of the outgoing e-mail and it appears, superficially, to have come from the other account.
posted by The World Famous at 5:55 PM on September 25, 2010

You can do better than that. Look at this help article and click on I'm a Gmail or Google Apps user sending from an external address. and read the bit on If you choose to send mail through another domain's SMTP servers.

posted by dmd at 6:12 PM on September 25, 2010 [1 favorite]

yes, i am doing it now.
posted by elle.jeezy at 6:48 PM on September 25, 2010

« Older Can you help me find this outd...   |  I make kale chips using organi... Newer »