recipes with prune juice?

What can I make with unsweetened prune juice?

Bought prune juice for the obvious reasons and happily don't need it anymore (knocking on wood right now). Is there anything I can make with it? I'd love a good muffin or cake recipe that uses it!
posted by mirileh to Food & Drink (8 answers total)

You can make these short ribs! They're so easy and yummy. If I don't have bottled teriyaki sauce on hand, I just use 1/2 c. soy sauce and some minced ginger and garlic and a couple tablespoons of rice vinegar. If you have scallions to throw on top at the end, all the better.
posted by palliser at 12:31 PM on September 13, 2010

This sounds wacky, but my mom uses it to make rice (in place of water) and it is amazing with sweet & sour chicken.
posted by Nickel Pickle at 12:31 PM on September 13, 2010

Chocolate, Walnut and Prune Fudge Torte
posted by LN at 1:13 PM on September 13, 2010

When you make Bircher Müsli, you soak the oats and dried fruit overnight in fruit juice. Prune juice works great for this.
posted by ethnomethodologist at 1:15 PM on September 13, 2010

I use it to marinate chicken wings before baking. Gives them a nice color and taste.
posted by raisingsand at 3:09 PM on September 13, 2010

When I had some extra prune juice, I found a few recipes using it on the Sunsweet website. My plan was to do the chicken lettuce wraps, except with tofu.
posted by jocelmeow at 3:45 PM on September 13, 2010

Marinate any kind of meat in it, use it in any sort of stew, and sub it for stock in almost any recipe.
posted by desuetude at 10:04 PM on September 13, 2010

I see most of these are in a more carnivorous route than I had planned, but they sound interesting! thanks!
posted by mirileh at 2:23 AM on September 14, 2010

« Older Asking for a friend: Recommend...   |  Help me narrow down remodeling... Newer »