Little Jack Horner is waiting for his lunch...
September 11, 2010 4:12 PM Subscribe
Help me fill a pastry: non-meat, non-fruit, pie fillings.
posted by anastasiav to food & drink (29 answers total) 23 users marked this as a favorite
I'm looking for suggestions for "pie" (using the term loosely here) fillings that meet the following criteria:
- no meat (including fish and seafood)
- no fruit
- no soy products
- foods found in nature
- eggs, veggies, cheese, nuts, pretty much anything else ok
- a low number of ingredients
- finished pie should not need to be refrigerated
- if possible, filling should be suitable for a "two crust" pie, because its actually going to be be cooked inside a lunch pastry.
AskMe often excels at cooking questions, I can't wait to see your suggestions.