How can I get info out of this web page?

How do I display just the large number in this web page in on my screen or within a tiny window. (1103.17 only - it changes constantly)? I tried to edit the web page, and even tried Printliminator, but got stuck. Thanks!
posted by bright77blue to Computers & Internet (5 answers total)
Firefox with the Greasemonkey add-on and a custom script to discard anything on this page than the number's HTML container should do the trick.
posted by oxit at 11:13 AM on September 9, 2010

Are you on a mac? If so, then you can use Safari Web Clips to make a dashboard widget with just the number.
posted by schmod at 11:25 AM on September 9, 2010

Another approach:

I made a public Google Doc spreadsheet, and also published it as a web page. There is probably a way to get a totally clean page, and grow the font size further, but this is more of a proof of concept :)
posted by misterbrandt at 12:36 PM on September 9, 2010

Great! Now I have also learned about another cool function in Google Apps.
posted by bright77blue at 3:56 PM on September 9, 2010

bright77blue: make sure you save a copy of the spreadsheet (and publish it as its own web page) to our own Google docs account, in case I ever decide to clean up my own.
posted by misterbrandt at 4:33 PM on September 9, 2010

« Older There's a great quote attribut...   |  I am heading next week to Muni... Newer »