Relative reflectivity of glass and perspex

Short and sweet... Does anyone happen to have a ballpark figure for the percentage of light reflected by a 'standard' sheet of glass and a 'standard' sheet of perspex of similar thickness?
posted by twine42 to Science & Nature (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Standard glass reflectivity is about 4% per surface, so you get about 8% for a sheet of glass, regardless of thickness. Many people round the 8% up to 10% for back-of-the-envelope calculations. I don't know about perspex.
posted by partylarry at 8:47 AM on August 26, 2010

Typical Perspex (aka Plexiglass aka Lucite aka poly(methyl methacrylate)) has a total transmission of about 92% [pdf], suggesting similar reflectivity to glass.
posted by jedicus at 8:51 AM on August 26, 2010

Ladies and gentlemen....

Two questions, two respondents, two answers, two best answers marks. I thank you...
posted by twine42 at 8:58 AM on August 26, 2010

« Older Are power adapters standardize...   |  I've played jazz for many year... Newer »