Baggage fees on airlines to London

Which airline flying to Heathrow London has the best extra baggage and heavy baggage prices?

Is there an airline that charges the lowest prices for extra bags or overweight bags? I would like to move as much stuff as possible to London this way rather than shipping it.
posted by KimikoPi to Travel & Transportation around London, England (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

From where?
posted by brainmouse at 1:10 PM on August 25, 2010

In addition to knowing from where, it would be good to know if you are military, government, or have any other status that might get you a reduction of rates or an exception.
posted by pointystick at 1:22 PM on August 25, 2010

From looking at your past questions, I'm guessing you're in LA. You can see which airlines fly to Heathrow here, on LAX's webpage. The list I got was: You can check out their individual baggage policies on their respective websites. As a sample, on United's website, you can find:
Fees vary by destination for baggage weighing more than 70 pounds (32 kg) or exceeding the maximum linear dimensions.
Even so, the maximum weight for overweight baggage is only 100 lbs. If you own a lot of things, it's unreasonable to move this way unless you'll often be traveling between the two places. Even so, it's probably cheaper to (a) throw everything out/give it away and get new things on the other side (b) ship everything professionally.
posted by beerbajay at 2:13 PM on August 25, 2010

« Older SmellFilter: How can I wear st...   |  My 3 year-old hp laptop that r... Newer »