Looking for an Optometrist in Salt Lake City or South Jordan, Utah.

Help me find an Optometrist in Salt Lake City or South Jordan, Utah.

It's way past due for me to get my eyes checked as it's been 4 years since my last one. My provider search from my insurance came up with over 75 hits in the valley, so I need help finding a new one. We changed insurance so my previous optometrist is no longer available to me. I live in South Jordan and work downtown, so any place that you like between the two is good with me. Closer to home or work is better as I usually ride the train between the two, but I do have a car so anywhere in the valley (within reason) is good. I'm not really high maintenance when it comes to doctors but I want some recommendations for people you have used and liked. I've had a few terrible ones and I think that's what's fueled my reluctance to go back in.
Bonus question - should I try and get records from my previous optometrist or are they not worth it due to their age? I haven't had any problems with my eyes. All my exams are simply adjustments (slightly worse) to my prescription. So I don't know if it's worth getting them or if I should just start over with the new place.
posted by msbutah to Health & Fitness (3 answers total)

After trying at least three other optometrists in the area, I had a positive experience at InVision Eye Health in Sandy (near South Towne Mall). I believe I saw Dr. White. I've never bothered to have my records transferred between eye docs.
posted by lbo at 12:29 PM on August 13, 2010

Thanks for the info. I know right where that is (drive past it on my way to Trax) so I'll check em out.
posted by msbutah at 12:57 PM on August 13, 2010

I just wanted to follow up - thank you so much for this recommendation. They were wonderful, fast, professional, thorough ... all around great.
posted by msbutah at 3:52 PM on August 19, 2010

« Older Whenever a situation gets slig...   |  What are the potential problem... Newer »