How do I possibly restore a water damaged iPhone stuck in "I need a SIM card" hell?
August 9, 2010 11:09 AM Subscribe
How can I defeat the evil "There is no Sim card installed in the iPhone you are attempting to activate" message after water damage" message?
posted by bengalsfan1 to computers & internet (4 answers total)
Quickly, and to the point:
1. I went swimming with my iPhone 3GS for about 12 seconds.
2. I immediately got as much water out as possible and put in a bag of rice for three days.
3. Today, I was able to "restore" the iPhone (i.e, wiping out all data). I can turn it on, charge the battery, etcetera.
4. The machine is stuck on the "please put me in iTunes and make me happy" graphic.
5. Problem: My MacBook Pro recognizes the iPhone, but gives me the "There is no Sim card installed" message. I am able to type on the screen, here typical noises when pressing the numeric keypad, etcetera. I went to AT&T and got a new SIM card. Unfortunately, still the same message.
Given that the hardware is probably damaged, are there any other things I can try to resurrect the phone?
If not, what alternatives do I have? (I cannot get an upgrade until May 2011).
Thanks for all of you help.
Sad iPhone Water Damaged Man