Help Me Help Her
August 5, 2010 10:36 AM Subscribe
What can I give or do for my supervisor to show my support and help her with the stress of caring for a family member after a lung transplant?
posted by princesspathos to Shopping (3 answers total)
Here are some data points about the situation:
1) My supervisor will be caring for her family member for six weeks after the operation.
2) They are anticipating the operation will take place in another state within the next few days. The hospital does happen to be near my hometown, so I can offer some assistance about restaurants, services, etc.
3) My supervisor and I are close, but we haven't socialized much outside of work. We live about an hour apart.
4) I will have to ask her about who is taking care of her mail, home and yard while she's away, but I'm assuming she has that covered with assistance from her neighbors and friends.
5) My supervisor is very scared but is handling the uncertainty well.
Can you help me, MeFi? I want to do the right thing here but everything I can think of seems so trivial when faced with the gravity of the situation. Thank you for your help!