Striking places to write in LA County
July 21, 2010 7:08 PM Subscribe
What places in Los Angeles County fit the following criteria: 1) striking indoor design or architecture, 2) open to the public, and 3) it wouldn't be unusual or prohibited for someone to go sit there and write for a few hours?
posted by Nattie to media & arts (12 answers total) 13 users marked this as a favorite
Just looking for a change of pace.
- Anywhere in LA County; I take public transit and I don't care where I go.
- Open during the daytime hours.
- Nothing with admission costs over $10; free is preferable.
- I don't mind having to buy food to sit there.
- I particularly like modern, whimsical, or unnerving as far as aesthetic goes, but I'm open to anything.
- I don't care if it's crowded as long as I have somewhere to sit.
- It must be indoors; I volunteer at outdoors places already and I get too distracted outdoors.
- I will be writing on a laptop. It is not necessary that there be outlets there, but there needs to be a place nearby (like a coffee shop) that I can retreat to when I need to charge the battery.