Where can I find free inventory software for volunteer rescue team?

I am looking for a free web-based inventory system for a volunteer local government team.

I have been placed in charge of keeping inventory of a team's gear, both consumable and otherwise. I am looking for software that will allow me to include pictures, descriptions, numbers of item, serial numbers, etc.

I would also like to show if gear has been issued to a certain person, is located in a certain vehicle, is team-owned or personally owned etc.

I have a domain that can host this software. This is a strictly volunteer team with no funding money available for software.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer!
posted by PerpetualPermutation to Computers & Internet (2 answers total)

Tracmor, GLPI and OCS are three options to take a look at. Tracmor sounds like a decent fit for you.
posted by mhoye at 9:48 AM on July 20, 2010

If you can't find something that works out of the box you might be able to roll your own fairly quickly with Zoho Creator. Two or less users are free.
posted by COD at 10:04 AM on July 20, 2010

« Older Can you think of any skills th...   |  Please share your experiences ... Newer »