I'm a geeky sort who grew up in the SF Bay Area but haven't lived there since 1989. I keep in touch with family and friends, but I only get out there usually once or twice a year on a long weekend. My yearly is coming up in August this year and last year I asked for and received a number of good suggestions from AskMe
. My question is what's changed and what might I be interested in seeing/doing? This time around?
My overall interests are:
- Geeking/Internet/Computing/Science Geeking (Exploratorium is/was one of my favorites & my Dad's a professor emeritus with the UC system)
- Gaming (video more than board) (My first game geeking store: Games of Berkeley)
- Food (gourmet, organic and locovore, but usually not in mass quanitites) (Zuni Cafe, Namu, Kirala, Nopalito, etc.)
- Art/Writing (Museums, Bookstores)
- Chinese & Hispanic culture/food (SF and Oakland Chinatown, Street Food)
- Hot tubbing!
- Attractions should be accessible by public transit (I love BART but, I will also do MUNI, streetcars, commuter rail, whatever)