Need help finding id for young adult science fiction novel.
July 10, 2010 6:08 PM Subscribe
Help me figure out this young-adult book from my childhood. It's about a boy and girl communicating telepathically.
posted by hazyspring to media & arts (20 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite
My massive google searches have not helped me. Here is what I remember:
- I rented it from the public library around 1990
- Story about a boy and a girl, the boy is on the inside part of some type of society and the girl is outside, but somehow they start communicating telepathically
- I'm pretty sure the boy's name was Tomas and he had a shaved head or no hair (I have an image in my head of the book cover)
- He was unhappy and I'm guessing it was some sort of dystopian science-fiction story
- I believe he was communicating to her in dreams
Ok, that's all I can remember but it's driving me crazy because in all of my googling I cannot figure out what it is. The other thing that isn't helping is that most of the time google is interpreting Tomas as Thomas, even when I do advanced searches.