Compost or cleanse it with fire?
July 7, 2010 1:56 PM Subscribe
Oh god what is this
posted by saturnine to home & garden (5 answers total)
- location: La Mesa, CA (in San Diego county)
- found growing near our rose bushes
- snapped in half when I tried to dig it up, the left portion in the first photograph was beneath the ground
- the second picture is of the interior, beneath-the-ground portion
- the part beneath the ground is a faint pink
- the part above the ground is curved, with a green-black tip. I doused it with water to take the photo and the tip is now a sludgy green, similar to pulped avocado
- about 9 inches long in total
- spongey texture, similar to a daikon
- I did not see this growing 3 days ago, yesterday I thought it might be a piece of PVC piping we'd dropped.
Additional question: is it safe to compost, or should we throw it in the garbage?