I need a new microwave/convection oven

Please recommend a countertop microwave/convection oven.

I am replacing an old, old microwave oven. After reading a couple of the threads here, I decided as long as I am buying a new one I might as well get combo microwave/convection oven. I would prefer that it would be fairly sizable. I don't mind spending to get a decent one. Let's say my budget is between $100-$500.

I know there are a few older threads but updated recommendations would be nice, assuming the technology has advanced.
posted by Silvertree to Food & Drink (2 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Disclaimer: I am an employee of this appliance manufacturer.

GE Profile Countertop Microwave/Convection Oven
GE Profile Over-The-Range Microwave/Convection Oven

I was all set to buy the second one for my kitchen until I found out the Advantium was being upgraded this fall. I love the fact that the OTR has automatic conversion of recipes.
posted by magstheaxe at 11:44 AM on July 6, 2010

I have this Sharp. I find the microwave alone to be a bit underpowered, but the convection "mix" is flawless for roasting and baking.
posted by acorncup at 10:34 AM on July 17, 2010

« Older We are going to Spain for 4 we...   |  My son is getting to the escap... Newer »