New smartphone user needs help choosing between the Droid Incredible, Droid X, and waiting on a Droid 2.
I'm new to the whole smartphone scene (I still have a RAZR I got back in 2007), so bear with me here.
My company is phasing out their phone plan in favor of partially reimbursing us for using our personal cells for work as well. I'm on a Verizon family plan, so we can tack on unlimited data, texting or whatever; that is not the issue. The issue is that the smartphone world is complex and a bit scary, and I'm having trouble deciding between the Droid X, Droid Incredible, and the Droid 2.
What I'm looking for:
- Exchange and Gmail compatibility/syncing
- Decent social network integration (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Threaded text messaging would be awesome
- Built-in GPS
- A reasonably sized form factor that feels solid in my hand(s)
- Physical keyboard would be nice, but it's not a must-have
What I'm not looking for:
- Super hi-def camera/video/streaming images
- Awkward user interfaces
- Fancy WiFi tethering/hotspot capabilities
Seems to be the most reasonably sized for my small-ish hands, but I've heard rumors (even here on the Green
) that it's on it's way out.
The few pre-release reviews I've seen (e.g.
) don't rate it as high as the Incredible. It also seems to be bulkier than the Incredible as well.
Apparently it's HUGE, plus I'd have to wait until late August, and possibly pay more.
I guess, in a nutshell, my question is this: which phone is the best for me considering my circumstances?
This will likely be my last phone upgrade for quite some time, so I'd like my new phone to still be decent in a few years.
sorry for the wall of text