Post yo bills

I'm wondering where I can find some community noticeboards in Liverpool, England?

I've recently moved to Liverpool, and I'm looking for work and accommodation. In my home town of Melbourne there's a well-known community noticeboard at the Readings bookshop in Carlton, which is the usual first place to check when looking for a place to live. Is there something similar in Liverpool?
posted by chmmr to Society & Culture (4 answers total)

Where I live (London), you can find a lot of accommodation wanted/offered, job notices and other such posted at local Sainsburys, public libraries and newsagents. It's pretty local alright, but there's no way of vetting the information offered.
posted by Ziggy500 at 8:04 AM on June 24, 2010

I'm not sure if you're considering looking online but Gumtree might have what you're after.
posted by Laura_J at 11:48 AM on June 24, 2010

If any bookshop in Liverpool has this, it will be News from nowhere, near the top of Bold Street on the right (as you're walking up to St Luke's, the bombed-out church with the garden inside). Doesn't figure on Google Maps, oddly, but it was there last time I looked a couple of months ago. Here it is on street view.

It's a good place to know about even if they don't have a noticeboard!
posted by lapsangsouchong at 2:47 PM on June 24, 2010

Thanks, I just checked out News From Nowhere. That's the kind of thing I was looking for, yes, though unfortunately slim pickings on that board. It's nice to know the location of the local left/activist bookshop though, which that appears to be.

I have checked Gumtree and the local supermarkets also. Thanks all for your input.
posted by chmmr at 3:11 AM on June 25, 2010

« Older How do you get from the Housto...   |  Help me remember this book (mu... Newer »