Drupal's old and busted. What's the new hotness?
June 15, 2010 9:17 AM Subscribe
Looking for a Drupal replacement for a small community with specific requirements.
I run a fairly customized Drupal installation for my local boardgaming group. We use it primarily for planning and post-event discussion. The site's fairly long in the tooth, and web app advancements have opened up some possibilities that make me want to see if there's something out there better suited to my needs. Any suggestions?
- Member-only access
- Multi-user accounts for both story + comment creation
- Email notifications of new content
- Content is kept indefinitely and searchable
- Low-cost or free
- Fully hosted or easily runs on PHP
- Friendly UI
- Ability to create and reply to an event
- Non-threaded (flat) discussions
- Email reply
- Integrated login with either Facebook or OpenID
- Full HTML support in editor
- Code-level access for customization
Ning's close, but I'm very weary of being at the bottom of any pricing plan in terms of feature restriction, and $20/mo is about twice as much as I'm willing to pay. I'm also not fond of being "one fish in the big pond" where things are not all private by default.