Emotionally varying music
June 4, 2010 7:41 AM Subscribe
I need recommendations for a mid-length piece of instrumental music which varies a lot in expressive emotional content to be used in a neural imaging experiment. Please provide links to listenable extracts (i.e. amazon mp3 clips or you tube).
posted by leibniz to Media & Arts (10 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
* It must be significantly emotionally varying.
* It should ideally be around 10-15 minutes long.
* It cannot have lyrics.
* It cannot be too obviously associated with a film or other obvious meaningful content (like a national anthem).
* It should ideally contrast significantly with a Schubert string quartet movement
we are also using.
* It could be popular/contemporary classical/folk/electronic/whatever.
* It should ideally be something with a strong sense of power at least in parts.
* It should ideally not be too obscure.