blam. all over the wall.

Please help me identify the make / model and place to buy this shower component.

This morning the metal casing around the rubber tube that connects at the base of the shower head gave out and a hole opened in the rubber tube. I need to replace this ASAP so Mrs. Jeffamaphone can shower. It's a rental, so I have no idea where it came from. I've e-mailed the landlord, but don't expect a reply right away (holiday weekend and all).

So, if anyone happens to know, that'd be great. Bonus points if you know where I can buy it. Double points if you know where I can buy just the tube-y part and shower head.
posted by jeffamaphone to Home & Garden (7 answers total)

On further investigation, I've discovered the tub part completely disconnects from everything. So really, I just need a new tube. Are they all the same? Is this something standard Home Despot will have lying around?
posted by jeffamaphone at 10:15 AM on May 29, 2010

And by "tub" I mean "tube".
posted by jeffamaphone at 10:16 AM on May 29, 2010

Is this something standard Home Despot will have lying around?

Pretty much, yep.
posted by Sys Rq at 11:01 AM on May 29, 2010

So, I bought that $11 tube at Home Depot and it works and all, but it doesn't fit right in the holder, so we have to hold the shower head the entire time we use it now.

So I still need to know the right manufacturer / model so I can get the correct one.
posted by jeffamaphone at 11:14 AM on May 29, 2010

Just take the old one to the store and match it up.
posted by Sys Rq at 11:19 AM on May 29, 2010

Well, I've been trying to do that, but Home Depot doesn't have it, and I haven't found an exact match anywhere on-line. I'm hoping someone will just know because they bought one, or they're a plumber, or have some sort of bathroom fixture fetish.
posted by jeffamaphone at 12:34 PM on May 29, 2010

Try this place.

http://www.faucetdepot.com/faucetdepot/main.asp

I didn't look for the exact gizmo, but they have a lot of upscale plumbing fixtures.

posted by private_idaho at 6:26 AM on May 30, 2010

« Older What is a realistic estimate o...   |  Our poor cat is slowly dying. ... Newer »