How to choose a reputable outsourcing company?

I need an outsourcer that I can trust not to steal my business secrets. What are some reputable companies I could work with? I have tasks that I would like to delegate that require access to some website logins and personal information. I want to work with a virtual assistant that is hired through a reputable company that would involve paperwork that would keep me safe. I don't know who to try besides brickwork. What companies should I look into?
posted by Tres to Computers & Internet (5 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Simple. A signed NDA, and someone that doesn't care about your business secrets or personal info, just wants to get paid then move on. Like me. It would MeFi'ers to help to know which language the site is written in, db type, general idea of website type.
posted by hungrysquirrels at 8:58 PM on May 21, 2010

Er, it would help ...
posted by hungrysquirrels at 9:00 PM on May 21, 2010

No super technical dbs. Just google documents and freelance writing websites.
posted by Tres at 9:54 PM on May 21, 2010

A NDA won't do any good in a country with a less-developed legal system, and even if it wasn't a legal system issue, it is cost-prohibitive to enforce. There's no replacement for trust. I want to do the same thing, but have similar qualms.
posted by chinabound at 1:17 AM on May 22, 2010

You know, one of the major advantages of hiring someone… local… is that you get to meet them, talk to them, and judge their personalities for yourself.
posted by Civil_Disobedient at 6:25 AM on May 22, 2010

« Older Why is my picture staring back at me from this...   |   How can I best be supportive of my mother as she's... Newer »