Simultaneously update my facebook, twitter, and blog?

Is there a way to simultaneously update my facebook, twitter, and blog with an update? I am new to doing social media for an organization, and we want to be accessible in multiple formats. Any tips for how to do that effectively would be most appreciated.
posted by tnygard to Computers & Internet (10 answers total) 12 users marked this as a favorite will do all that and more I believe. If you only need to do update the FB and Twitter accounts, Tweetdeck works well too.
posted by rooster416 at 2:00 PM on May 7, 2010

If you are running drupal for your blog, it can all do all three.
posted by yoyoceramic at 2:04 PM on May 7, 2010

What type of Blog is it?
posted by nitsuj at 2:05 PM on May 7, 2010

Posterous! Post stuff once (even by email, if you like), and it updates it wherever you want.
posted by jbickers at 2:13 PM on May 7, 2010

Seconding Also, Hootsuite will update Facebook (personal accounts and Pages), Twitter, other social media accounts and blogs hosted at (they're waiting for an open API that will allow self-hosted Wordpress blog updates).
posted by cmgonzalez at 2:13 PM on May 7, 2010

Tumblr blogs can simultaneously post to Facebook and Twitter. But if you have a blog established already, it would be helpful to know what it is to provide the best set of options.
posted by asciident at 2:27 PM on May 7, 2010

Seconding posterous. Easy.
posted by ottereroticist at 2:29 PM on May 7, 2010

I think all these suggestions ( and posterous) are good examples. Posterous is good if your updates are blog centric ie if most of your updates will be related to blog postings. Another alternative is something I have recently discovered which gives a fairly advanced feature set which lets you create sets of information flows which can update one set of social networking updates to a large number of other sets. Probably worth investigating. The other reason why I like is that it shortnes your urls and gives you click through data which is nice to have I guess/
posted by london302 at 2:36 PM on May 7, 2010

I think the blog is a self-hosted WordPress. We are using WordPress for sure, and the URL is our organization's not
posted by tnygard at 9:40 PM on May 7, 2010 will take the RSS feed of your blog which the wordpress blog is amost certainly throwing out.
posted by london302 at 12:37 AM on May 8, 2010

« Older Can you help me remember a sit...   |  What are some tips on how to m... Newer »