Are there any off-the-cuff ways of finding a job and a place to stay that I'm missing?
I'm still in this
- FA office. They told me that in order to register with the homelessness service that declares you an independent, I'd need to be living on the streets for a period of time. I'm trying to avoid that at all costs.
- Work-study/on campus jobs. The school is on a hiring freeze because of too many applicants.
- Putting out dozens more applications.
- Posting up ads for a live-in maid (I've gotten bites but the person usually flakes out.)
- Applying to community colleges with dorms and hoping they don't gap me. (Still waiting for results on that. I am screwed here if they don't accept my old FAFSA, because my Mom is no longer willing to help fill it out with her information.)
- Asking disability services for help.
- Pet sitting. (Put out an app. on a few websites; no callbacks.)
I'm not willing to try:
- Joining the military
- Anything illegal
- Any official maid/nanny match up services (I do not have any experience with children, which has been a stumbling block in the past with that.)
Is there anything else that I can do? I'm incredibly scared to go to a shelter or be without a place to stay in any sense of the word. I feel like once I'm there there's no way out; I won't have a car to look for work, won't have an address to put on the application, won't have a computer to help research my options... I am just scared shitless. My lack of transportation and my inability to afford public transportation severely limit my options as well.
The only thing I've come up with is online employment such as Cashcrate and ChaCha, where you fill out ads and answer questions for money, but that won't be enough to pay rent. I also can't seem to find any places that will pay for plasma/bone marrow/etc in my area. I'm an excellent writer, so any opportunities involving that would be great.
I am just completely stumped. I feel as if I've tried everything in the book, but nothing's working. It's like with each avenue of help, there is something about me that disqualifies me. I don't have children. My Mom makes too much money. Etc.
I know there has to be SOMETHING out there that I'm missing. What is it? What can I do?!