Can you name this tune in three notes? Name that tune!

NPR Morning Edition: Name that Tune...

A story about Lebanon and Syria aired this morning on NPR's Morning Edition. Can you identify the song (starts at 0:31 seconds into the story) that plays in the background of the story? It sounds like it is from a movie soundtrack, but I can't place it.
posted by Andy's Gross Wart to Media & Arts (6 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

It's weird to listen to morning edition at night!

I heard the same clip this morning and though it sounded familiar, I figured it was music from the production they were talking about that just happened to sound like something else I'd heard.
posted by ropeladder at 7:24 PM on April 21, 2010

Shazam says it's "Lux Aeterna" by Clint Mansell & Kronos Quartet, the album is also called Lux Aeterna.
posted by shrabster at 7:25 PM on April 21, 2010

Dang it, you beat me. It's from Requiem For a Dream. Youtube. (I thought it was something from The Fountain at first, which is a killer soundtrack, by-the-by.)
posted by esmerelda_jenkins at 7:35 PM on April 21, 2010

For future questions, they're on Twitter @morningedition ....
posted by melodykramer at 7:53 PM on April 21, 2010

As well NPR's 'Morning Edition' posts a breakdown of the music they use dail in their programs. Here's today's list.
posted by ericb at 8:34 PM on April 21, 2010

I can't listen to the clip right now, but keep in mind there's a remix of Lux Aeterna that became really popular after it was used in the The Two Towers trailer.
posted by kmz at 8:31 AM on April 22, 2010

« Older Clock Repair Question: I have ...   |  Can I wait a couple of weeks t... Newer »