Join 3,440 readers in helping fund MetaFilter (Hide)

Don't fire until you see the whites of their iPods.
April 19, 2010 11:25 PM   Subscribe

What are some good, informative, and accurate documentaries and/or podcasts covering the various American presidencies?

I'm interested in some history lessons covering the various American presidencies. What documentaries or podcasts would you recommend that are accurate (as well as easy to acquire)? Any (ante Obama) presidency is fine, however, I'm especially interested in Clinton and the older presidents you don't hear much about. Anything is fine, though.
posted by Dreamcast to Education (4 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Would you be interested in a documentary about the 1992 Clinton presidential campaign? Because The War Room is awesome.
posted by sallybrown at 11:31 PM on April 19, 2010

While not specific to presidencies, the History Channel has just completed their most expensive history project to date called "America: The Story of US". You can watch on their channel starting on April 25 or if you are a teacher or work at a school, you can request for a free copy of the DVD at the bottom of the link.
posted by dealing away at 11:56 PM on April 19, 2010

Gore Vidal's American Presidency.
posted by ovvl at 4:29 AM on April 20, 2010

C-Span's American Presidents series was great. It is for sale on the website and it is expensive. Maybe you can get them from another source (library or something).
posted by marxchivist at 5:01 AM on April 20, 2010

« Older Just moved into a windowless o...   |  Can I buy individual insurance... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.