Join 3,418 readers in helping fund MetaFilter (Hide)

Well, you could just drink it
April 17, 2010 9:06 PM   Subscribe

So, I have about 30 cups of brewed spiced tea (Celestial Seasonings Honey Vanilla Chai to be precise) leftover from a gathering at my house today. It was made in a percolator and is on the strong side and is sitting in a pitcher in the fridge awaiting its fate. Besides hydrating for the next few days with homemade iced chai lattes (not the worst thing in the world), are there any good uses for this?
posted by Burhanistan to Food & Drink (10 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite

Freeze it in ice cube trays, bag the cubes. Pop them in your next iced drink.
posted by francesca too at 9:15 PM on April 17, 2010 [1 favorite]

Got a big stockpot? Reduce some of it either with sugar (to make syrup) or without sugar (to make tea concentrate/extract). Flavor baked goods (or boring-er drinks), drizzle over ice cream, stir into yogurt, reconstitute it when thirsty and lazy... the list goes on. :-)
posted by julthumbscrew at 9:39 PM on April 17, 2010

Mix with gelatin and sweetener for tasty tea jello! Even better, freeze the gelatinized tea for frozen pops.
posted by Cat Pie Hurts at 10:17 PM on April 17, 2010

There are lots of recipes for spiced tea muffins/cakes/breads, and most of them only use a cup or so of tea per batch, but it's a good excuse if you like to bake! Here are a few I found: Coconut Chai Breakfast Cake, Chai Tea Breakfast Marathon Muffins, and Chai Latte Muffins.
posted by dreamyshade at 10:58 PM on April 17, 2010

After folowing all the better advice above, use any left over to water your plants.
posted by genesta at 11:20 PM on April 17, 2010

Bara Brith uses tea-soaked fruit, and since the cake is supposed to be spiced anyway your spiced tea should work a treat.
posted by Coobeastie at 1:21 AM on April 18, 2010

You can die clothes with tea. At least when the spoils of shipwrecked boats washed up on the Blaskets, western isles of Ireland, local women who knitted cardigans out of sheep-wool started to die them tea-colored.
posted by a womble is an active kind of sloth at 5:51 AM on April 18, 2010

Vanilla Chai granita. Basic granita recipe.
posted by oneirodynia at 8:56 AM on April 18, 2010

Soak your feet in it? Supposed to reduce odor. Just don't drink it afterwards.
posted by wrnealis at 10:15 AM on April 18, 2010

Thanks everyone! After a few chai lattes, the granita idea will be given a go.
posted by Burhanistan at 9:51 AM on April 21, 2010

« Older How can I raise money online f...   |  How does one define "frea... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.