How can I consolidate 3 devices to 2?

Too many devices question......[mi]

Ok, I have a palm, a phone and now a blackberry.

Here's my problem. In my current job, I only had my palm and phone. With the palm linked to my laptop via MS Outlook.

However, I have just gotten an additional job. In my new job they have given me a blackberry -- primarily for email.

I need to find a way to consolditate all my information (contacts and schedule) from three devices into two. Is there an easy way to do this? Is there a good online resource, like Plaxo (?), that would accomplish this goal?
posted by szg8 to Computers & Internet (3 answers total)

If you received a Blackberry 5180, it can act as a phone, though it's not as pretty as the Blackberry 7100t. Of course, there are a number of Palm phone options you could consider as well, including the Treo 600 series.

As for a basic, software-based solution, the Blackberry can sync with Outlook much like your Palm does. If you're not using the Palm for anything else, the 'berry could become your new PDA.
posted by Smart Dalek at 10:58 AM on February 13, 2005

I've heard only good things about the new Treos. Next time I have to replace either my Palm or my Phone I think I'll get one.
posted by grouse at 11:17 AM on February 13, 2005

I went from palm to berry for all contacts and memos and lists etc when I got a blackberry at work. There aren't as many cool add-ons, but the contacts thingie on the blackberry is extremely cool and very searchable. I sometimes even look stuff up on my blackberry when I have Outlook open on the desktop.
posted by CunningLinguist at 11:33 AM on February 13, 2005

« Older World Map   |   How do you pronounce the word 'Wilhelmine'? Newer »