Bugs. Biting her.
March 8, 2010 9:15 AM Subscribe
What kind of bug could be persistently biting my girlfriend but not me? She gets anywhere between 1 and 12 new bites per day.
posted by Beardman to Health & Fitness (19 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
This has been going on for the last couple of weeks.
- They look like nondescript spider or mosquito bites, thought it's too early for the latter.
- They don't look like bedbug bites from the online pictures--more spaced out and white/clear rather than red. They don't look like ringworm either.
- They itch.
- They are usually on her back, and she's had one or two around her collarbone (never her face or legs).
- I am not getting them (or at least, not showing symptoms).
- We can't find any traces of bugs or their waste in our bed.
- We can't find any traces of spiderwebs or nests in our apartment.
- She's switched her upholstered chair in her office in case that's where they are. Didn't help.
- She still got them when we went to NYC for a week.
- We live in Toronto.
She's wondered if they might be in her clothes--is that plausible? If she went to a doctor, could they do a visual or blood test ID?