Protest on the National Mall

Why is Jesse Jackson Jr. standing in the middle of the National Mall? (Google Maps)

Also, why is Fox News camped outside the Whitehouse? I assume many Congressman have their offices in this building, so why are these guys camped out in the bushes?

Is this crowdsourcing gone amok? I've never noticed it before, and I couldn't find anything about it online.
posted by alopez to Technology (7 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Someone's idea of a joke?
posted by dfriedman at 2:20 PM on February 17, 2010

You can edit the locations of placemarkers. He's been busy.
posted by jaimev at 2:24 PM on February 17, 2010

jaimev: how did you find the editor? Perhaps I'm dense, but I'm not seeing any links to that information either on the map or on this page.
posted by alopez at 2:35 PM on February 17, 2010

You can edit the location by clicking on the marker, then "edit." This article gives some background on what criteria are used to automatically create those icons.
posted by helios at 2:38 PM on February 17, 2010 [1 favorite]

I love that "Congress" is a baby. And I just moved it. So yeah, a kind of crowd sourcing joke. Jesse Jackson Jr could "claim this business" and put an end to him moving I suppose.
posted by fontophilic at 2:39 PM on February 17, 2010

Ok, I see. If I click on "Edit", then I can click on "View history" to see what's been up. Thanks!
posted by alopez at 2:50 PM on February 17, 2010

Now if they could only locate Donna Moss, -sigh-.
posted by yeti at 3:15 PM on February 17, 2010

« Older Can you name the music?...   |  Magellan Maestro - map update ... Newer »