Help me meet my high hairstylist standards in ATX.
February 13, 2010 4:52 PM Subscribe
Seeking hairstylist who does a good job on ladies hair in Austin, Texas.
posted by ishotjr to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (8 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
I am going to have to part ways with my hairstylist of a couple of years. He is really great, but the price isn't right for me right now, and his new location is just too inconvenient for me and my schedule. (If you're looking for a great hairstylist just east of downtown, memail me, if he ever moves to a better spot, I would definitely go back to him).
So, I'm looking for a new hairstylist. Criteria:
1) Hip and edgy, but not wanting to go avant-garde on my hair.
2) Doesn't push products or color, and won't scold me for dying my hair myself.
2b) Uses naturalish lines of shampoos/products.
3) Actually listens when you say you want a hairstyle that doesn't require a lot of work to style each day.
4) Under $50, including tip, for shampoo/cut/style. (Maybe this is unreasonable, but my previous guy charged just over this for all that plus extras, so hopefully not).
5) Chill, non-loud atmosphere (no mall places, the less stylists in the same space, the better)
6) North of MLK, South of 183, West of I-35 or not too far East of it, East of 360
7) The stylist works at the same location every day they work. This means not Bird's or any other place where it is essentially impossible to schedule an appointment at a specific time with a specific person.
8) Is possible to schedule an appointment with a few weeks in advance or less.
I'm looking for the name of a person, not the name of a salon generally.
Reading my post, I feel like it sounds really nitpicky, but I guess I am picky, and it's better to be specific on AskMe, I find. ;-)