how to hyperlink inside word document

how can i hyperlink inside word document?

hi,
I am using Microsoft Word 2003 writing up my dissertation. i need to hyperlink inside my document. I tried to use Microsoft Word 2003 "insert hyperlink" feature, but I found it quite complicated and time-consuming. look for example, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291182

does anybody know better software that allows me to hyper link two words in the same document so easily? jump to another words,object ,page within the same document?

any help is appreciated
thank you.
posted by kitkat09 to Computers & Internet (4 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Microsoft Office Online
posted by jckll at 6:48 AM on February 9, 2010

Select your taget, right click and drag to where you want the link to appear, select create hyperlink, done. The only confusion is that you select your target before the destination, but apart from that it couldn't be easier.

"Use a drag-and-drop operation. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Save the document.
2. Select the word, phrase, or image that you want to use as the destination for the hyperlink.
3. Right-click and hold down the mouse button while dragging the selection to the new location; then, release the mouse button.
4. Click Create Hyperlink Here."
posted by Ferrari328 at 7:21 AM on February 9, 2010 [1 favorite]

highlight a word and use the hotkey "ctl-k". if you have a a URL in the clipboard, it will automatically be populated as the link target.
posted by askmehow at 8:41 AM on February 9, 2010

askmehow, jckll ...thanks.

Ferrari328, it works very well thank you so much
posted by kitkat09 at 2:31 PM on February 9, 2010

« Older I normally don't like to buy/d...   |  I am looking for a courier whi... Newer »