Interesting, lively IRC channels?

What are some intelligent, vibrant, quirky, funny, or otherwise interesting IRC channels? I've been suffering from insomnia lately, so I would especially like to find out about channels that aren't totally dead in the early morning hours of eastern standard.

Yes, I know about #mefi, and I've seen this question, but it's from 2005. Thanks in advance!
posted by limon to Computers & Internet (3 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite

#bunnies on slashnet
posted by bigmusic at 12:46 AM on February 6, 2010

#geekissues on efnet is often, though not always active around this time.

you may be familiar with it as the source of original seed content for qdb.us.
posted by Nameless at 6:30 PM on February 6, 2010

TBH man - I found late nights, going onto "search all channels" and picking a random one is fun enough.

I was politely asked to leave some "Tunnel security hot desk" - guys IRC that monitored a big tunnel in the states or other - I think it's a lot about making your own fun. You have to go and start a conversation as opposed to join one in flow.
posted by Cogentesque at 7:38 AM on February 8, 2010 [1 favorite]

« Older Is there a Mac application or ...   |  Can I take the Kolb LSI online... Newer »