Interesting, lively IRC channels?

What are some intelligent, vibrant, quirky, funny, or otherwise interesting IRC channels? I've been suffering from insomnia lately, so I would especially like to find out about channels that aren't totally dead in the early morning hours of eastern standard.

Yes, I know about #mefi, and I've seen this question, but it's from 2005. Thanks in advance!
posted by limon to Computers & Internet (3 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite
#bunnies on slashnet
posted by bigmusic at 12:46 AM on February 6, 2010

#geekissues on efnet is often, though not always active around this time.

you may be familiar with it as the source of original seed content for
posted by Nameless at 6:30 PM on February 6, 2010

TBH man - I found late nights, going onto "search all channels" and picking a random one is fun enough.

I was politely asked to leave some "Tunnel security hot desk" - guys IRC that monitored a big tunnel in the states or other - I think it's a lot about making your own fun. You have to go and start a conversation as opposed to join one in flow.
posted by Cogentesque at 7:38 AM on February 8, 2010 [1 favorite]

« Older Is there a Mac application or ...   |  Can I take the Kolb LSI online... Newer »