Looking for macabre comedy sketch

Trying to find & identify a comedy sketch involving a hardware store customer with nefarious intent.

A while back, I came across a comedy sketch in which a man comes into a hardware store and starts asking the clerk questions about various products in the store in a loud, rapid-fire monotone. The questions make the man sound like he's planning to kill someone in a particularly gruesome way — basically, asking about all sorts of things that would fit in scarabic's infamous AskMe answer. I think the first question might have been "Do you sell rat poison?" The clerk can't get a word in edgewise, and becomes more and more flustered and horrified as the sketch continues.

I don't believe the sketch was American or Canadian; I want to say it was British, but my recollection may be faulty. I've only been able to dig up the "Two Ronnies" hardware store sketch and the Fry & Laurie hardware store sketch on YouTube, and it's neither of these. Does anyone out there in the hive mind know what I'm talking about?
posted by Johnny Assay to Media & Arts (9 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Could it have been from Hardware?
posted by zamboni at 11:16 AM on January 25, 2010

Dom Joly's Trigger Happy TV had a sketch with this premise, but it's more of a hidden camera show rather than straight acted comedy.
posted by fire&wings at 11:20 AM on January 25, 2010

I'm pretty sure it's from Little Britain. Sorry, I'm not sure what sketch or episode, but I'm fairly certain the show is right.
posted by wrok at 11:43 AM on January 25, 2010

And if that's wrong it's definitely from The Whitest Kids U Know.
posted by wrok at 11:45 AM on January 25, 2010

Is it this?
posted by exit at 11:50 AM on January 25, 2010

Damnit, I was way off, that's the one I was thinking of -- and Mitchell & Webb are not Little Britain :(
posted by wrok at 11:58 AM on January 25, 2010

That's the one. Thanks, exit.
posted by Johnny Assay at 12:02 PM on January 25, 2010

I see you've found your answer, but along the same lines: Snoop from The Wire buys a nailgun.
posted by teg at 3:11 PM on January 25, 2010

Mitchell & Webb

No Mitchell there: it's Robert Webb and Martin Freeman.
posted by Lentrohamsanin at 5:16 PM on January 25, 2010

« Older I tried searching for a term ...   |  Before my now-boyfriend and I ... Newer »