Please find us a hobby we'll both enjoy
January 20, 2010 4:34 AM Subscribe
He's extroverted, a bit macho ("ballroom dancing is for sissies!"), adrenaline junkie, but also lazy. She's introverted, nerdy, does NOT like adrenaline rushes (especially not of the "there's a rather real possibility I might injure myself or die doing this" type). Please suggest hobbies and activities they might both enjoy!
posted by gakiko to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (40 answers total) 11 users marked this as a favorite
Extra data points:
- we're both in early 30s and reasonably mentally and physically fit
- we enjoy physical activity, but of different types
- he likes building stuff and doing the adrenaline thing but dislikes having to work for it: his preferred hobbies are all gravity-fueled, like downhill biking (he drives a car to the top of the trail and rides the bike from there), paragliding (driving a car to the top of the mountain), canoeing and kayaking (the river does most of the work)...
- she's not into much sweating, but can live with it, if it's more of the endurance type (walking, jogging, hiking) and doesn't require much strength (although she's working on becoming stronger)
- we enjoy learning new things of the TED.com/National Geographic/Discovery Channel type
- she hates cold weather, he hates hot weather
- she loves reading and books, he doesn't like to read unless he has to
- probably many more that I forgot but will be happy to provide if you ask
Phew, when I write it like this, it seems we don't have much in common, but trust me, we get along well. :) We'd just like to spend more time doing stuff together.