Vaccora 5 String Bass woes.

MusicianFilter: I accidentally broke the headstock off my neighbors Vacarro 5 string bass (Don't ask...lets just say it was a late night session). I’m looking to replace the neck, but cannot find anyone who can get a 5 string Vacarro neck. Anyone have any suggestions? I’m in the NY metro area.
posted by hbon23 to Media & Arts (2 answers total)

Is this one of the aluminum-necked ones, with the forked headstock?

If it is, you're probably out of luck unless you buy another bass off of ebay or something and cannibalize it for the neck. If he's not particular about it being an aluminum headstock and/or neck, a Warmoth replacement neck (or even Allparts or something like that) is a pretty good option. Or you could "upgrade" it to a graphite Moses neck if that's something he's into. I don't think you're going to find a replacement aluminum Vaccaro neck, though.
posted by The World Famous at 5:49 PM on January 14, 2010

I contacted a friend who builds and repairs musical instruments out in Pennsylvania about your question. She sent back the following answer:

I can't post without paying to sign up. So I found this website. Tell poster that they may want to post something on this website forum.

They may get a reply.

Other than that ebay and flea markets, That's going to be a hard neck to find.

Good luck with it!
posted by LOLAttorney2009 at 6:09 PM on January 15, 2010

« Older Can someone please recommend a...   |  where can I read about the sys... Newer »