Join 3,375 readers in helping fund MetaFilter (Hide)

Transmission shops in Minneapolis?
December 29, 2009 7:41 AM   Subscribe

Please point me to an honest transmission shop in / near Minneapolis or points north.

Looking for an honest, reputable transmission shop, preferably in the corridor between 35w/280 and the far north 'burbs. Private or chain doesn't matter, as long as they don't try to snow me. Experiences, recommendations, and places to stay away from all appreciated.

Bonus points if they are on Central / 65 anywhere between Fridley and Cambridge.

Thanks!
posted by SquidLips to Travel & Transportation around Minneapolis, MN (4 answers total)

I don't know the area well enough to help, but CarTalk's Mechanics Files is a great resource for such information.
posted by cerebus19 at 7:52 AM on December 29, 2009 [1 favorite]

Bonded Transmision did a great job replacing our van's transmission. They're in St. Paul on University, near 280.
posted by belladonna at 8:02 AM on December 29, 2009

Jerry's Service Center on St. Paul's West Side is probably too far south and east for your tastes, but I've considered myself lucky to find them since I've moved to the Twin Cities. While I haven't had to get a transmission replaced on any of my vehicles, they've done just about everything else for me, my friends, and my family. They've been nothing but fair and good to us. They might be worth a call.
posted by elmer benson at 10:05 AM on December 29, 2009

I've had good luck with Isles Auto Repair on Hennepin.
posted by airguitar2 at 11:31 AM on December 29, 2009

« Older What are some good-sounding, r...   |  Looking for information about ... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.