Shops that make and sell individualized, eclectic hand-made jewelry in the Portland, Oregon area

Shops that make and sell individualized, eclectic hand-made jewelry in the Portland, Oregon area? (... X-mas gift help request)

It's Christmas and I'm agonizing over my 60-something Mom's gift, my original plans having fallen though.

Mom is now of the age and attitude ("When I am an old woman I shall wear purple With a red hat which doesn't go") where she likes to wear the occasional dramatic unusual, artistic jewelry. So I'm thinking of finding her a necklace (under 150$), something hand-made, arty, brash/dramatic/eclectic/unique. (I have no idea if this price limitation is unrealistic, but that's my budget)

I'm looking for local crafts-people or shops where I could look for this kind of jewelry in the Portland, Oregon area. (and a big thanks in advance!)
posted by Auden to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (9 answers total)

This is a buddy of mine.
posted by nonmyopicdave at 8:36 PM on December 21, 2009

Emily-Jane
posted by space_cookie at 8:45 PM on December 21, 2009

Have you tried The Real Mother Goose? I think it's on Yamhill?
posted by Knowyournuts at 8:56 PM on December 21, 2009

Search on Etsy for Portland, Oregon and then contact the sellers personally.
posted by JauntyFedora at 9:57 PM on December 21, 2009

Twist in Pioneer Square has cute stuff.
posted by ottereroticist at 12:34 AM on December 22, 2009

Stella's on NW 21st.
posted by chrchr at 9:12 AM on December 22, 2009

Yeah, Real Mother Goose has this sort of thing. It's across from the main library.

You might also want to check out the shop at the Museum of Contemporary Craft. They have lots of handmade jewelry. The Portland Art Museum gift shop also has things of this nature.

The other place to look would be Portland Saturday Market - which is open everyday day this week (cept Friday).

Lastly, I love love love this NE Portland lady's work.
posted by Lutoslawski at 10:20 AM on December 22, 2009

Relish, on NW Lovejoy, has some great jewelery thats fits your criteria (alongside home decor type stuff).
posted by tallus at 10:21 AM on December 22, 2009

Makool Loves You has some hand-made jewelry and lots of other amazing independently designed objects and clothes. It's a favorite of mine though i've never been to the storefront. http://store.makoollovesyou.com/ - 2505 SE 11th Ave, suite 100, Portland, Oregon, 97206 open Thursday - Saturday 11-6
posted by brandsilence at 12:30 PM on December 22, 2009

« Older Latitude Filter: So, today is ...   |  I am an ENFP. He is an ENTP. O... Newer »