Snowboard shop in Denver

Recommend a good snowboard shop in Denver ? I'm flying into DIA and have a few days for a little road trip to Steamboat. I'm after my first board, maybe a Bataleon or Lib Tech. Would it be cheaper to buy in Steamboat or pickup on the way ? I may even pop into Boulder, if there are some good shops there. Thanks !
posted by Sturdy to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (4 answers total)

It's been a long time since I've bought a snowboard in Denver but I always liked Colorado Ski and Golf. At least when I went they had knowledgeable and helpful staff and good prices. I was able to get a Burton N.A.S.A. board for half off and I'm still riding it.
posted by 6550 at 12:43 PM on December 17, 2009

Definitely don't buy in Steamboat. Also check out Christy Sports, there's a few around town and of course there's Sports Authority.
posted by Scientifik at 12:59 PM on December 17, 2009

We also have a flagship REI in town, with plenty of knowledgeable types selling snowboards if you need advice. If you know exactly what you want, you may want to try craigslist. So many people upgrade skis and snowboards around here on a regular basis that it's a big buyer's market, though that may necessitate a little too much screwing around if you're just passing through on the way to steamboat.
posted by craven_morhead at 1:17 PM on December 17, 2009

Steamboat will be pretty expensive.
REI is also expensive.
There is a pretty big Sport Authority in Denver that has a special
section for snowboards and such.
posted by digividal at 1:37 PM on December 17, 2009

« Older What are the most interesting ...   |  A bottle full of swirling, opa... Newer »