Very simple peanut butter cookie recipe for kids?

Trying to find a very simple, quick peanut butter cookie recipe I made in 7th grade Home Ec. They were almost more like drops than cookies; very moist and chewy/gooey. It's possible they had no flour. Does this ring a bell for anyone?
posted by malhouse to Food & Drink (8 answers total) 18 users marked this as a favorite

I remember making no bake cookies like these. Were the ones you remember baked?
posted by annaramma at 10:52 AM on December 8, 2009

I thought they had eggs and were baked for a short time. But I might be wrong..."peanut butter balls" certainly describes the things in my memory.
posted by malhouse at 10:55 AM on December 8, 2009

This recipe is just PB, sugar and egg.
posted by mrsshotglass at 10:57 AM on December 8, 2009

When you said possibly flourless, the thing that sprang to mind was this:

1 c peanut butter
1 c sugar
1 egg

Mix well, drop into small balls, bake until exterior is just crispy (about 10 min at 400F).

They're gooey, but not really chewy. OTOH, it doesn't get much simpler than that. Maybe your home ec recipe was similar?
posted by dorque at 10:57 AM on December 8, 2009 [1 favorite]

Argh, that'll teach me not to preview. Jinx, mrsshotglass!
posted by dorque at 10:58 AM on December 8, 2009

I bet that's it -- thanks mrsshotglass and dorque!
posted by malhouse at 11:02 AM on December 8, 2009

I have the same recipe (and ooh are they yummy!) provided by mrsshotglass and dorque, but mine also includes 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
posted by DrGail at 11:35 AM on December 8, 2009

You can make that same recipe and flatten them with a fork just like traditional pb cookies. Just dip the fork in water every few cookies to keep them from sticking to it.
posted by stubborn at 2:12 PM on December 8, 2009

« Older Perl script to manage enormous...   |  How do I know if these boots a... Newer »