Looking for a particular admin UI example

Looking for good examples of website/cms administration UI. I know what I want, but I can't find it again.

I have seen this somewhere but I don't know where - when you are logged into the site, there is a colored bar across the top of the site (which doesn't interfere with navigation) and that gives you access to the administrative functions of the site - however, you still browse the site as a regular user.

Anyone have any ideas of where I could have seen this? It's driving me batty, and I need it for a proof of concept.
posted by micawber to Computers & Internet (7 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

I've seen this in DotNetNuke.
posted by The Winsome Parker Lewis at 3:28 PM on November 10, 2009

Additional info: Picture of DNN admin bar across top of page
posted by The Winsome Parker Lewis at 3:32 PM on November 10, 2009

Also, if that's not it, check out Open Source CMS for a memory jog. They have a huge collection of live CMSes that you can log into as admin for a free test drive. If you're scanning the list and see a name that rings a bell, you can hop right in and see if that's what you're remembering.
posted by The Winsome Parker Lewis at 3:47 PM on November 10, 2009 [1 favorite]

chyrp does this too
posted by misterbrandt at 4:58 PM on November 10, 2009

I believe Concrete5 does this too.
posted by robtf3 at 9:39 PM on November 10, 2009

Drupal's module for this is called Admin Menu and looks like this.
posted by Gomez_in_the_South at 11:33 PM on November 10, 2009

Thanks, everyone. These are all great resources.
posted by micawber at 8:00 AM on November 13, 2009

« Older SQLfilter: Trying to sum and c...   |  Back in middle school and high... Newer »